Sunday, November 17, 2013

Quickie Review: Hooked by Liz Fichera

Hooked (Hooked, #1)
(Click picture to go to Goodreads profile)


Hooked (Hooked #1)

Paperback363 pages
Published January 29th 2013 by Harlequin Teen

*   *   *

Blurb:

When Native American Fredricka ‘Fred’ Oday is invited to become the only girl on the school’s golf team, she can’t say no. This is an opportunity to shine, win a scholarship and go to university, something no one in her family has done.

But Fred’s presence on the team isn’t exactly welcome — especially not to rich golden boy Ryan Berenger, whose best friend was kicked off the team to make a spot for Fred.

But there’s no denying that things are happening between the girl with the killer swing and the boy with the killer smile...

GET HOOKED ON A GIRL NAMED FRED.


*   *   *

Review: 

Book from Netgalley in exchange for a fair and honest review:
I enjoyed this book. It was a quick easy read for me. The premise of golf wasn't quite my style but I tried really hard to overlook it even though that was one of the main points with Fred trying to get on the all guys team.

The hard part for me was it was a story I felt I had read before and had a lot of the same stereotypes that a lot of books are doing these days. I wish there was just... more.

I liked the characters and they did keep me interested to the end. Fred was a strong independent girl especially to take on an all guys team. Ryan made me mad at some points and I wish he did more for Fred. But all in all it was decent read and I would definitely read more from Fichera.

No comments:

Post a Comment