Saturday, November 16, 2013

Cover Love and Excerpts: Sweet Reckoning by Wendy Higgins

Sweet Reckoning (The Sweet Trilogy, #3)
(Click picture to go to Goodreads profile)


Sweet Reckoning (The Sweet Trilogy #3)


Paperback464 pages
Expected publication: April 29th 2014 by HarperTeen

*   *   *

Blurb: 
It’s time.

Evil is running rampant and sweet Anna Whitt is its target. Nobody knows when or how the Dukes will strike, but Anna and her Nephilim allies will do anything necessary to rid the earth of the demons and their oppressive ways.

The stakes are higher than ever, and Anna is determined that the love she feels will be her strength, not a liability. But trying to protect the ones she loves while running for her life and battling demonic forces proves to be perilous—especially as faces are changing and trust is fleeting. When the Duke of Lust sends Anna’s great love, Kaidan Rowe, to work against her, Anna must decide how much she’s prepared to risk.

In the most sensual and fast-paced installment yet, Sweet Reckoning brings all the beloved Neph together one last time to fight for their freedom.


*   *   *


Such a pretty cover and I love how it matches the others in the trilogy. April can't come soon enough!


*   *   *
Found some excerpts:
#1:
 I texted Kaidan, who was listed in my contacts under “James,” for James Bond. He’d chosen it. He had me listed as “Hot Chick From Gig.”
Video chat in 30.
His immediate response made me shake my head.
Clothing optional?
It was nice to know he could keep a sense of humor in the face of calamity. Or maybe he wasn’t joking...
“Are you two flirting?” Patti asked, her eyes darting to me from the road.
I blushed and deleted his message. 

#2
I laid back the lounge chair and rolled to my stomach, content.
Sounds of splashing faded as I dozed.
And then I heard a beautiful voice. . . . 
“Cover your arse, and nobody gets hurt.”
I lifted my head to see Kaidan crouched next to me. He was here! Just as I was about to get up and throw my arms around him, his gaze slid down my body to my butt and stayed there. Hello, stormy eyes.
I felt twice as hot under the sun as I had one minute ago.
I threw the towel over my body, which forced his eyes back to mine.
“Hey,” I whispered.
He touched my face, and I leaned into his palm.
“I feel like it’s been a year since I saw you,” he said softly. “I’ve missed you.”
I reached up and cupped his hand. “I’ve missed you, too.”
“But you’re still in trouble.” His voice was low and gravelly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment