Monday, June 4, 2012

Review: Shade by Jeri Smith-Ready

Shade (Shade, #1)
(Click picture to go to Goodreads)


Shade #1 by Jeri Smith-Ready

Paperback309 pages
Published (first published May 4th 2010)



Blurb: Best. Birthday. Ever. At least, it was supposed to be. With Logan's band playing a critical gig and Aura's plans for an intimate after-party, Aura knows it will be the most memorable night of her boyfriend's life. She never thought it would be his last.

Logan's sudden death leaves Aura devastated. He's gone.

Well, sort of.

Like everyone born after the Shift, Aura can see and hear ghosts. This mysterious ability has always been annoying, and Aura had wanted nothing more than to figure out why the Shift happened so she can undo it. But not with Logan's violet-hued spirit still hanging around. Because dead Logan is almost as real as ever. Almost.

It doesn't help that Aura's new friend Zachary is so understanding--and so very alive. His support means more to Aura than she cares to admit.

As Aura's relationships with the dead and the living grow ever complicated, so do her feelings for Logan and Zachary. Each holds a piece of Aura's heart...and clues to the secret of the Shift.



*   *   *
I heard about this book quite a while ago and never really thought about picking it up and then I saw it at my local Barnes and Noble so I decided to give it a try. I am soooo glad I did! This book was funny, heart-breaking so full of love that it had me laughing, crying and smiling along with all the characters. This book was just.. wow. Wow. So good. I usually don't read books about ghosts but seriously this book couldn't have been any better or wouldn't even know what to do with myself. It got everything perfect. 


The love triangle was different from anything I've read and my heart went to both guys. Logan is a hot guitar player in a band. That in itself is awesome and the love he showed to Aura was super cute. A lot of the moments with Logan and Aura had me in tears. Then in steps Zachary with a sexy Scottish accent and is there by Aura's side all the way through. He showed such a huge amount of patience that it was so sweet I wanted to melt. 


Aura was a great character and so developed I really connected with her and wanted to know what was going to happen. The pacing and everything that happened in this book was perfect. It flowed easily and was so interesting I finished this book in a day and can't wait to pick up the next book. This is seriously one of the best books I've read. Seriously you gotta pick this book up and read it! Amazing. I give this book 5/5 stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment