Wednesday, June 6, 2012

ArmchairBEA: Let's Talk Networking

Armchair BEA 2012
Networking.. hmmm. I don't usually do a whole lot of networking but the most recent thing that I get the opportunity of doing is reading and giving feedback on her newest book before it is even sent to her editor! And that lovely author is Krystle Jones! I just received the book yesterday and am going to be starting soon. :)

I do want to get into some type of book club at a local library or something fun where I know other readers are just as pumped as I am about reading. The hard part for me is I tend to flake out on things and don't go. (I know!! I'm bad.) I don't know why I do it I just do. I will need to start holding myself more accountable for things like that. But what I'm really trying to say is to me the networking isn't my main focus.. I started the blog to share my love of reading and to post reviews of books that I loved or didn't love so much. I love getting new followers so I can share what I think of books and in return hope people want to share things with me too. I would love to be more in contact with other bloggers and love to tweet! So if you want to talk books, tweet me (easiest way for me to respond), comment me or email me! I'd love to get to know anyone that has the same love for books as I do! All my links are at the top of the page! Let's get to know eachother! 

4 comments:

  1. I also really would love to have a local book club. Reading for myself and for my blog keeps me accountable, but I hate when I have ALL THE THOUGHTS about a book and then only get one or two comments on the review. How am I supposed to have a full discussion with only a couple comments? So yes, a book club would be awesome :-)

    Also, yay for you getting to read a pre-edited manuscript! How fun!

    Here's my Armchair BEA Networking Post!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally know what you mean putting in all the work for a review and don't get much response. It's a little disheartening. If your on twitter we can talk books anyday! What kinds of books do you read?

      Delete
  2. Book clubs are a great way to network (and of course to just get together with people to talk about books). Networking is difficult at first, I had a lot of help from other bloggers that I knew already. Going to author events are so much fun, hopefully you can find some (and not flake out!) Good luck with networking! I would love to talk books with you anytime :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you on twitter? What types of books do you read? :)

      Delete