Wednesday, June 6, 2012

ArmchairBEA: Beyond the Blog


Today’s topic is “Beyond the Blog” Has blogging opened up opportunities for you beyond getting free, advance copies of new books? Has it helped you get offers to write or review elsewhere (maybe even for pay)? Have you gotten invites to special events or places you might not have been to otherwise? 


Today's post is a little hard for me.. I haven't and don't want to monopolize my blog. I'm not in any way against others doing it. It's everyones choice how they wanna run their blog. I started my blog just for the love of reading and wanting to share my love of books with others. I will receive books from authors/publishers to read and review but I do it for the love of reading so I can share it. Most of the giveaways that I host are provided by me and I pay shipping. I do host giveaways for authors too. I'm kinda all over the place here and I hope I'm making sense but I do it to share my book love. :)


Outside the blog my main focus is being a mother. I love everything about it. I also am a wife and love our little family. And just recently I registered for classes at my local tech school so I'm sure that is going to take up a lot more of my time once school starts at the beginning of July. Hopefully I will get to keep up with the reading and blogging but I think that's going to be wishful thinking. ;) 

5 comments:

  1. Hi, Janae! Each blog is different from each other, what matters is they stay true to their purpose. :)

    Dropping by from Armchair BEA!

    -Len of Musings of a Reader Happy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dropping by from Armchair BEA. Everybody has their own reasons for blogging and own aims they want to get out of it. Doing it to share you book love is a great purpose!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't really want to monetize my blog either. It seems like too much work and I already have a full-time job - I blog about books because I love it, not to make money off of it. Anyways, hope your classes go well!

    Happy ABEA!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel similar about my blog. Love that you are a mom and going back to school. (Teacher here)

    Thanks for participating!

    Here's my beyond my blog post

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks

    ReplyDelete