Monday, May 14, 2012

Review: Witch's Brew by Heidi R. Kling

Witch's Brew (The Spellspinners of Melas County, #1)
(Click picture to go to Goodreads)

Witch's Brew: The Spellspinners of Melas County

Kindle Edition342 pages
Published January 11th 2012 by Coliloquy, LLC



The Spellspinners of Melas County is a fantasy YA romance series about a witch, a warlock, and their fight for their forbidden but prophesied love.

Once soulmates, the witch and warlock covens of the California coast have been estranged for a century. Raised to hate each other, their teenagers meet in the Solstice Stones, a magical battleground where they draw energy from each other to maintain their balance. 16 year olds Logan and Lily have spent years training for their first Stones…only to discover just days before that the enemy may not be what either of them had thought. In Witch’s Brew, Lily is torn between her feelings for Logan and her coven’s need to know who—or what—he is. The young lovers race against time, their distrust for each other, and the powerful influence of their elders to unravel the mystery of their pasts before their future is destroyed. 
*   *   *

This book was different than any book I've read where you able to choose you're own "destiny." Let me explain.. As you're reading the reader gets an interactive experience and is able to chose which way they want the story to go. The ending is still the same but you get to take different ways to get there. I read both ways just so I could be able to review it better. 

I was apprehensive at first and was like ohhh man another star-crossed couple forbidden to be together but fighting against it all to break the curse. And let me just say I LOVED this book. It was totally different from what I thought it was going to be and I love when I get to be pleasantly surprised by a book. Kling did just that.

The book is all about witches and warlocks and a curse that has pitted them against each other for the last hundred years. Witches and warlocks were once at peace but it started to be too much for them to get along and they became rivals as they didn't agree with how the other dealt with their magic. Warlocks deal in the dark magic and the witches dealt with the light. They had a hundred years to come to some sort of agreement or their magic would be stripped from the forever. So Lily and Logan try to join forces to figure out how to stop this curse. But can they do it? 

Lily and Logan were so cute together and I loved loved Logan. He truly cared about Lily and wanted to do anything to protect her. Together they go against everything they were taught and try to work together to break this curse. Her friendship with Orchid was so funny and I loved how good of a best friend she was to Lily. The relationships in this book were really relatable and I connected with each character. Loved it.

The writing is both magical and poetic. It all flows so nicely together and had me reading it in one sitting. I didn't move from the couch once. I really enjoy books about witches and this book did not disappoint in any way. If you have a Kindle, BUY THIS BOOK! You won't regret it!

No comments:

Post a Comment