Sunday, May 13, 2012

Review: Bite Me, Try Me, Fang Me by Parker Blue

Bite Me (Demon Underground, #1)Try Me (Demon Underground, #2)Fang Me (Demon Underground, #3)
(Click each book to bring you to their Goodreads profile)

Title: Bite Me, Try Me, Fang Me
Author: Parker Blue
Publisher: Bell Bridge Books
The vampires want it. The demons want it too. And someone is willing to kill Val for it.   
Val and Fang have to find the powerful Encyclopedia Magicka before either of San Antonio's warring underworld factions locate it, or the consequences will be deadly for the entire city. 
As usual, Val's vampire enemies (they still call her The Slayer,) want her dead, and even some of her fellow demons may be less than trustworthy, since they'd like to grab the legendary book of spells before she does. Val has a personal claim to the Encyclopedia--her demon father left it to her when he died--but someone stole it recently. Where did the thief hide it? 
Battling vamps and dodging demons, Val struggles to unravel the mystery. At the same time, she's fighting her attraction to sweet, sexy Shade, her favorite incubus. Rumor has it that Val will lose her half-demon, vampire-fighting powers if she gives herself to him. 
With a crowd of vamps and demons out to trick her or kill her, it's not a good time for her to risk her job as the city's best vampire hunter by falling in love. The stakes are high--and aimed right at her heart. But Lola, Val's hungry little lust demon, doesn't like being denied. Will Lola finally get her way?
*   *   *
Thank you NetGalley and Bell Bridge Books for allowing me to review this set of ebooks. 
Val is a bad ass vampire slayer/succubus and you're thrown into action from the start. Val was funny and smart witted with her sarcastic behavior. I found myself laughing out loud a few times. I liked that Val was independent and didn't always depend on a guy to help rescue her in fact, she did a lot of the rescuing and protecting. 
I really enjoyed this set of books and its hard to separate each one into their own review cause I read them all the way through I was so enthralled in these books. I love all things vampires as I'm sure I've said it a hundred times and this series didn't disappoint. We also got to hear a little about magick and lots about demons. Each demon had a different talent and was described very well without it being shoved down my throat. The writing flowed well and was pretty much nonstop action and adventure.
I LOVED Shade! Need me some more of him and am looking forward to reading the 4th book in the series! I recommend this series to any vamp and/or demon lovers! We get a good mix of paranormal romance without too much sappy love story that a lot of books seem to be doing these days. Overall I would give each book 4/5 stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment