Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Review: Angelfall by Susan Ee

Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1)
(Click picture to go to Goodreads)



Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days #1)

by 



It’s been six weeks since angels of the apocalypse descended to demolish the modern world. Street gangs rule the day while fear and superstition rule the night. When warrior angels fly away with a helpless little girl, her seventeen-year-old sister Penryn will do anything to get her back.

Anything, including making a deal with an enemy angel.

Raffe is a warrior who lies broken and wingless on the street. After eons of fighting his own battles, he finds himself being rescued from a desperate situation by a half-starved teenage girl.

Traveling through a dark and twisted Northern California, they have only each other to rely on for survival. Together, they journey toward the angels’ stronghold in San Francisco where she’ll risk everything to rescue her sister and he’ll put himself at the mercy of his greatest enemies for the chance to be made whole again.

*   *   * 
I'm usually not a big fan of reading about angels but I am so glad I was told about this book! I loved this book so much I can't even explain how great it was! But I'm gonna give it a go!

It's starts off with 17 year old Penryn, her schizophrenic mother and her crippled sweet little sister running for their lives in the abandoned streets of Northern California where danger lurks around every corner and warrior angels swarm the sky. As they are running these angels swarm in and Penryn runs into the hott Raffe who just got his wings cut off by these angels. Penryn is in the process of helping him and she looks over to see one of the angels kidnapping her little sister. Raffe and Penryn band together on a mission to save her little sister and for him to get his wings reattached. Can they do it? And will Penryn be able to resist her temptation to Raffe when all she's seen is to hate the angels who have destroyed her life and place she called home?

The writing in this book is so intense and graphic at times and I'm gonna say it's pretty awesome. I couldn't put this book down! The style and flow of this book works perfectly and I didn't get bored at any moment. This book kept me interested all the way through. 

It was also nice that Raffe and Penryn didn't fall in love immediately but Raffe is giving Penryn a run for her money with all his hotness. And let's talk a little about Obi cause he definitely I think is going to be a contender for the inevitable love triangle. There was something about Obi that was pure sweetness but also having to be a leader of a resistance regime made him pretty tough and bad ass. Loved him! If Penryn doesn't want him I'll take him off her hands! ;) 

But on a serious note Susan did an amazing job and I will definitely be reading on in this series! Amazing book! 5/5 stars!!!

Check Susan out here on her site: http://www.susanee.com/
Follow Susan on Twitter: @Susan_Ee

4 comments:

  1. Sounds great -- thanks so much for stopping by my blog! Here's hoping we both find a mermaid book to love one day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And thank you for stopping at mine! Cheers! :)

      Delete
  2. I already had this on my list to read but I'll have to move it up now! Great review!

    ReplyDelete