Saturday, April 28, 2012

Review: Ascend by Amanda Hocking

Ascend

by 
Wendy Everly is facing an impossible choice. The only way to save the Trylle from their deadliest enemy is by sacrificing herself.  If she doesn’t surrender to the Vittra, her people will be thrust into a brutal war against an unbeatable foe.  But how can Wendy leave all her friends behind…even if it’s the only way to save them?


*   *   *
Spoiler Free: In this final installment of the Trylle trilogy Wendy has finally come into herself and became the queen she was meant to be. I really enjoyed these books and while I was skeptical of reading about trolls Amanda Hocking made me completely forget about my skepticism. While I wished it didn't feel so rushed to end it, I loved the outcome and how everything ended. I feel Amanda could have done more with the series or maybe a spin-off series for us to see more into the world as Wendy comes into her full rein as queen. It's so hard to give a review without giving away too much so I'll keep it short and sweet and I do love me a happy ending. So go out and buy this trilogy! You won't regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment