Thursday, September 15, 2011

Review: Thirteen Reasons Why

Thirteen Reasons Why

                                        Thirteen Reasons Why



Hardcover288 pages
Published October 18th 2007 by Razorbill

Summary:
Clay Jensen returns home from school to find a mysterious box with his name on it lying on his porch. Inside he discovers thirteen cassette tapes recorded by Hannah Baker, his classmate and crush who committed suicide two weeks earlier.
On tape, Hannah explains that there are thirteen reasons why she decided to end her life. Clay is one of them. If he listens, he'll find out how he made the list.
Through Hannah and Clay's dual narratives, debut author Jay Asher weaves an intricate and heartrending story of confusion and desperation that will deeply affect teen readers.
*  *  *

This book has sat on my shelf for quite a while and I kept meaning to pick it up but I'd choose another book every time. I don't know why I did but I wish I would have picked it up sooner. 

I really liked this book. It was heart-wrenching and so deep that I couldn't put it down.. I had to know what happened and the reasons she chose to commit suicide. I was sad, and I laughed in a few spots, I also cried (trust me.. it was the ugly cry), and I was very happy when Cole chose to learn from it and choose something good. This book has changed the way that I think and the way I will treat others will change because even if I think I know someone I may not know what they are truly thinking deep down.

This is one of the best books I have ever read. The writing was amazing and hearing both sides from the two different people was done so eloquently. I recommend this book to anyone and everyone of any age group. I can't wait to read what Jay Asher writes next.

No comments:

Post a Comment